|Location||Long Beach, CA|
City of Long Beach
333 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802
|Job Description||EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Under immediate supervision in a non-sworn training capacity, develops minimum qualifications required for a career in police service; receives Police Academy instruction in Police Department
policies and procedures, weaponless defense, criminal and civil law, physical fitness techniques, use of firearms, arrest procedures, community relations, operation of emergency vehicles and other mandated courses; observes sworn police personnel in the processing of arrestees, including booking, fingerprinting, custody and control; and may perform non-sworn police support functions, such as traffic and crowd control, as directed during the training process.
|Qualifications||REQUIREMENTS TO FILE: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Twenty years of age or older at time of filing.
• U.S. high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency*.
• Valid driver’s license*.
• U.S. citizenship or have applied for citizenship. Citizenship must be granted within three years of appointment.
• No felony convictions.
• Read and make sound decisions;
• Comprehend and retain technical training materials;
• Endure periods of strenuous physical activity requiring good balance, coordination, flexibility, endurance and strength;
• Be compassionate, culturally sensitive, and non-discriminatory to a diverse population;
• Exercise tact using excellent interpersonal skills, solve problems, and demonstrate good mediation skills during highly confrontational situations.
• Observation, writing, communication and human relation skills;
• Leadership and public service qualities.
|How to Apply||Now accepting online applications only at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/longbeach. Apply online 24 hours a day, beginning December 23, 2016 through 4:30 p.m., March 3, 2017.|
|Email Resume Tofirstname.lastname@example.org|
Apply for Job
|Go back to last page|